New Moon in Taurus May 3rd 2011
During this New Moon:
- Do things that make you feel good about yourself
- Take time out to relax and be grateful for what you have in your life
- Give yourself time to think and don’t allow yourself to be rushed
- Think about ways in which you can generate more income
- Come up with ideas for making a passive income
- Make the very best use of the resources you have around you
- Enjoy a wonderful meal made from healthy ingredients
- Connect with your five senses and give each one a treat e.g. a massage for touch, something delicious to eat for taste, a beautiful painting for sight, the smell of coffee for smell and some soothing music for sound.
- Listen to what your body is telling you
- List the things that make you feel secure
- Start lifting some weights and becoming physically strong
- Take voice or singing lessons
- Appreciate the simple things in life such as the flowers, the sunshine etc.
- Listen to your body and give it what it is asking for. If you are feeling tired, allow yourself the luxury of a nap.
- Think about something that gives you a feeling of security
- Go to a concert, the opera, the ballet, visit an art gallery, an exhibition,
- Plant something in the garden
- Make a list of all the resources that are available to you from your physical body, to your mind, your friends, your family, your country, the world. Feel the abundance that is around you and focus on it.
- Take care of what you own and fix anything that is not in perfect order
- Have a heart to heart talk with someone you love
- It’s a great time for new beginnings with your love life and your finances especially if you lay your groundwork slowly and carefully
Here are some things to think about during this New Moon:
- What do you value about yourself?
- What are your talents? What do you most enjoy doing?
- What are you good at that seems to come naturally to you?
- Look at your values and what is important to you – are you living your life according to your values?
- Is your current attitude towards money serving you?
- Are you stingy, generous, too extravagant, are you living within your means?
- What do you do with the money you earn? Do you need to make any changes concerning your finances?
- Would you like to get into a new relationship or to rekindle and existing one? Think about ways in which you can inject new life into the way you see romance and be prepared to allow love to grow in its own time and not to rush it.
Appreciation, gratitude, being close to nature and feeling contented are all Taurus energies. Taurus likes to build solid foundations, it doesn’t give up easily and likes to progress step by step in a methodical way being thorough and persistent.
Check out where this New Moon falls in your chart and you will see which life area is being stimulated. For me, it falls in my 11th house of dreams and wishes and friendships. It could mean a new friend coming into my life, someone with whom I share an emotional bond. It may be an opportunity to meet someone who shares some of my interests. I’m going to be doing some building work and it’s no accident that I am meeting up with lots of builders, carpenters, plumbers, electricians…all practical people (ruled by Taurus) who can help me to build the house of my dreams. Taurus is all about living within your means, so I will have to be very careful with the spending and not go into any debt to achieve what I want.
Remember that each New Moon’s effects can be felt for up to two weeks beyond the New Moon.